Wick Hill & WatchGuard Wireless - 1 Day
Wick Hill & WatchGuard Wireless – 1 Day
With everyone requiring wireless access and more and more devices being wireless enabled the security issues surrounding wireless networks are being highlighted every day in the media. This course is aimed at securing and managing Wireless solutions with WatchGuard products and is aimed at understanding the fundamentals of wireless devices and the wireless infrastructure and how to implement WatchGuard solutions in an XTM environment for best practice security and policy management. This is a Wick Hill course using WatchGuard technologies for your solution.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Sales and network engineers who wish to understand, plan and implement WatchGuard Wireless Access points in an XTM environment
• Understand Wireless technology
• Learn about the security standards and implementation methods for Wireless networks
• Understand Wireless infrastructure and design considerations
• Using the WatchGuard XTM interface to manage WatchGuard Access Points for policy control, reporting and tuning
• Understand the requirements of Site Surveys and defining Wireless requirements
Introduction to WiFi Networking
• The Wireless Network industry
• The Wireless LAN market
• Wireless LAN applications
• Wireless terminology
• IEEE 802.11 family of (WiFi) standards
• Understanding Wireless Basics
• The basics of radio / wireless
• Radio antennas
• WLAN data rates and ranges
• RF channels and channel reuse
• RF Interference
• Common sources of RF Interference
• What is Multipath?
• What are Hidden Nodes?
• What is the Near/Far issue?
• Busting more WiFi jargon …
• Defining Your WiFi Network Requirements
• How do we determine the requirements of WiFi users?
• What are the most significant issues when planning a WiFi deployment?
• WiFi Security (Continued)
• What is 802.1x/EAP?
• What is RADIUS authentication?
• How do we implement AAA?
• Will we need a wireless Intrusion Prevention System (WIPS)?
• How do we ensure wireless endpoint security?
• WiFi security auditing
• WiFi Network Management
• Why is WiFi network management an issue?
• What needs to be done?
• What are the challenges when managing WiFi networks?
• How manageable are WiFi networks?
• Why WatchGuard? Site Surveys, Design and Implementation WiFi Security
ASSOCIATED CERTIFICATION/ACCREDITATION N/A